Miniature Labradoodle is one of the latest breeds of designer dogs which has become widely popular in last few years. Miniature Labrapoo is developed from a cross between Australian Labrador Retriever and Miniature Poodle. They are adorable, sociable, smart, low shedding, and cute small guide dog. Over the internet, it is widely popular as a medium size mottled dog.
- F1 = 50% Labrador & 50% Poodle: It is the first generation and a Lab to Poodle cross which results in a healthier generation. Like a Lab, its hair type is sometimes smooth, wiry or wavy similar to the Irish Wolfhound. They shed moderately or heavily. This Labradoodle variety is not an ideal option for owners with severe allergies.
- F1-B = 25% Labrador Retriever & 75% Poodle: They are wavy, curly hairy looking doodle having consistent coat types. F1B is liked by many due to its non-shedding & allergy friendly features. It has the most relaxed coat.
- F2 = F1 Labradoodle & F1 Labradoodle cross: This breed has same features as the F1 combination. The breed is likely to shed which makes it not much suitable for the allergic people.
- F3 = F2 Labradoodle & F2 Labradoodle cross
- Multi-generation = F3 or higher generation Labradoodle & F3 or higher generation Labradoodle cross: It is like most of the Australian Labradoodles.
Temperament & Personality
Toy Labradoodle fullgrown dogs are smart, kind and understanding dog that goes well with children and other pets. It doesn’t require much space to live and is appropriate for apartment life. These dogs like water games, it can be playing in bathroom, bathtub or similar water games. Being friendly to its master, it likes to play games. It is an ideal pet as it can adapt to any environment and communicate with people of all ages. This breed is also a perfect guard dog and barks if it sees any suspicious activity in its territory. this dog falls under doodle dog breeds.
Mini Labrapoos are energetic dogs that require strong practice regularly. Activities can include walking, jogging, places to run and play games. Though, the first generation Labradoodles will need more exercise to stay fit and healthy.
Long fur of adult or small labradoodle gets entangled easily, hence brushing it every day becomes the primary need. Bathing is required when the dog is exceptionally filthy. Clipping nails once or twice a month is adequate while ear infections can be avoided with the daily use of pH-balanced ear cleaner.
Labradoodle puppies are healthy dogs, but with age, they suffer from common dog disease like eye discharges, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, epilepsy, diabetes mellitus, progressive retinal atrophy, and hypothyroidism. Periodic Vet check and tests will help to keep the dog fit.
For the first time pet handlers, this pet is excellent as mini Labrador puppies are very intelligent and quickly pick up tricks and training very efficiently. Socialization with other pets, people, strangers, and children become essential for these dogs to mingle with people easily. At times these dogs are rowdy, therefore consulting a professional trainer can help in simplifying the training process.
A healthy dog is less prone to health problems and allergies. Robust health also ensures a long lifespan. Biologically Appropriate Raw Food is preferred by some vets, while few are against it. Prepared canned food is recommended as it is very nutritious for this breed. 1-2.5 of high-quality dry dog food which should be divided into two halves should be provided to this energetic breed.
Additionally, a pet owner may give raw chicken backs, pork liver, ground beef or other muscle meat. Veggies like beans, carrots, peas and cottage cheese, yogurt and cheese can be added to the list.