You’ll surely agree that small dogs look pretty and adorable but they’re more than just cute little packages. Small breeds, on the whole, weigh 21lbs on average and have a compact structure, enabling them to move around and scamper with effortless ease. Some breeds are so small that you can place them on your palms such as Chihuahua and dachshund.
However, small breeds (most of them) have an attitude as supersized as their bigger brethren.
- Compact diminutive size enables them to easily squeeze into tight spaces and corners
- Most breeds make excellent lap dogs and cuddly companions
- Food, medication, and treatment costs less than larger breeds
- Easily transportable
- Intensive grooming
- Bright, animated, mischievous, confident, charismatic, stubborn, congenial, and gutsy (temperament traits could vary somewhat from one breed to another)
- Well-adapted to live in apartments and condos as well as in farmhouses in the countryside